Monday, September 14, 2009

2009 "Kirkwood Bee Spit" has been bottled!

Wow! - I got a bit more than I was thinking. I managed to fill:



  • twelve 12oz jars
  • twelve 8oz jars,
  • three 8oz honey bears, and
  • I had a bit left to fill a honey jar given to us by Ann, from over the road.

That makes about 270 (US) fluid ounces of honey. Right, now onto one of my favourite hobby horses, units...
  • For all you in the UK that is just over 281 UK fluid ounces, which, of course is about 14 pints (UK pints not US). Oh, by the way, if you want a proper pint of beer here (in terms of volume at least) you're better off asking for a 24oz glass which will give you nearly 1.5 pints (UK)...but that's another matter altogether.
  • Much better still, in metric units (and you all know you should be using this system, even if you don't admit it), it is just a tad under 8 litres or pure unfiltered "Kirkwood Bee Spit"!
I hope you will be able to enjoy some!!

1 comment:

  1. Love the name!! Brilliant!

    I also appreciate the conversions - thanks!

    Go Bees!!!

    ReplyDelete