Monday, November 2, 2009

November, and at last there's some better weather!

After an appalling October we're now in a period of better weather, albeit a bit cool.

It was the wettest October here since records began more than 100 years ago!  We had more than 12" of rain, which is about 1/3 of the annual average!  No wonder the bees were hungry and very wet at times. Most of the month was spent indoors. So it was a relief to see them out and about on Saturday and Sunday and they have even found some pollen somewhere.  I hope there will be a period of better weather so that the grils can go and find some proper food and not rely on my sugar syrup.  That said I will continue to feed for a bit longer and I will probably make the entrance as small as possible in a week or so.

Tonight (November 3rd) I added about 2 1/2 litres of 2:1 syrup.  If they want it, I'll give it to 'em!

No comments:

Post a Comment