Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I sneaked a peek!

Yes I sneaked a peek, last Sunday!  Susan saw her bees out on some cleansing flights on Friday, but she didn't see mine doing anything.  So curiosity got the better of me and I decided to just peek into the hive between the top feeder and the top hive box.  I waited for things to warm up a little, and I only 'cracked' the corner of the hive open in order to look inside for a couple of seconds.

Anyway, good news!  I still have bees! Mind you I'm not sure what I would have done if I didn't see any!

Things are also warming up at the bee club.  The Advanced Beekeeping seminar is on 20th February and I will be more than likely ordering a new hive then.  I want to be in a position to either take advantage of a swarm, split my hive or bring in a new queen.  I can't do anything without equipment though!

It's all getting quite exciting - Spring is just around the corner! But I better sweep away the snow from infront of the hive tomorrow morning...

No comments:

Post a Comment