Sunday, February 7, 2016

New hive on the way!

Finally, after much prevarication and comparison of prices online I jumped in and bought a new hive.

For the first time ever (yes really) I purchased an assembled hive.  Not only that, I found it on eBay which is definitely not my usual source of equipment.   I normally go for flat pack equipment direct from a known manufacturer.  However, this looks a good deal and I'm prepared to give it a try.

Once it arrives I'll update you all on what I found.  If this proves a successful approach I'll probably buy another.  Anyway, the first hive is to rehouse the bees that are currently squatting in one of Dave's hives, as that will free up some space for us to do some swarm control later in the spring (although right now how soon that is, is anyone's guess - it's so mild).

The possible second hive will be either for my start at home or a start at another location that is close home. I've not firmed up on either option.

Slowly slowly, I'm building...

No comments:

Post a Comment