Saturday, April 24, 2010

A quick in and out!

The weather is not looking good for the next few days so I thought it would be a good idea to get in and see if the new queen has been released, and do a reverse on the parent hive.

The new queen has been released. I saw her on the top of a frame, some distance from her cage.  She appeared to be being "mobbed" by the workers. Was she being attacked? I don't know, but the workers were all over her.  I took the cork out of the cage on Tuesday, so she was probably released on Thursday.  So if she was being attacked, would she have been killed by now?  Perhaps they are just really pleased to have a queen in the hive.

The parent hive looks to be OK and I reversed the hive boxes.  I didn't see the queen, but then I didn't look for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment