Sunday, September 19, 2010

It must be hot in there!

Since I put the Apiguard in the Daughter hive the bees have been 'plastered' over the front of the hive.  I guess it must be hot inside.

Because I want the Apiguard to do its stuff, I closed off the screened bottom board and reduced the entrance to its smallest size.  Clearly it's getting stuffier than an illegal rave in a basement and the girls are just hanging around outside to keep cool. Some are frantically fanning to cool it off inside.  I hope this is no cause for concern! I suppose they might not be enjoying the fumes the Apiguard gives off.  Some research is needed.

Oh and a quick word of thanks to my old mate Dean - He gets the "pollinator-of-the-week" award for putting lavender in his allotment to attact bees - very thoughful!

No comments:

Post a Comment