Last time I was there I put an excluder between the deeps and supers of the "swarm hive". I hoped I successfully chased the Queen into the deeps as she had been laying in the supers.
Well, my strategy seems to be working! There were no eggs or larvae in the supers. The cells were capped and the cells around the larvae filled with nectar. It looks like the bees are gradually using the supers for their intended purpose.
The other hive is also settling down. No sign of any eggs of brood in the supers. I put an empty super between the deep and the supers and this is being slowly drawn out.
I don't think I need to do another inspection for a bit do it may well be a couple of weeks; perhaps the next time will be just before I harvest.
Next inspection 23 June.