Monday, April 9, 2012

Hive Inspection Sheet

I have been working for some time with Bob Sears at the Eastern Missouri Beekeepers Association on the preparation of a Hive Inspection Sheet.

This sheet is aimed at new beekeepers and we hope they will use it to start to get into the good habit of effective record keeping but to also encourage them to get used to looking for key indicators in the hive e.g. the presence of supersedure cells, swarm cells, lack of eggs and larvae etc. etc.

I openly admit to being a bad record keeper and I prepared this sheet! So I do promise to work harder and keep better records!.

For those of you interested here are some jpg images of the form... I'm working on how to attach a pdf of the document to the blog!

6 comments:

  1. Great idea! I can't wait to see the PDF and start using it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the development times for various castes on there. I can't tell you how many times I'm standing in the apiary, seeing something, and trying to remeber what the development cycle time is for what it is I'm looking at.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phil - couldn't find an e-mail address to send mine to you. What e-mail should I use?

    -- Steven

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool! I'd love a copy of these, too, once you get the pdf thing figured out.

    ReplyDelete