Wednesday, April 25, 2012

More Inspections

Things are looking good in my hives! I went in again on Saturday (April 21)

The two hives in my backyard are putting on honey. I should think one hive has 20 kgs stored! Both queens are present and laying well. I took the opportunity to equalize the brood and I moved it to the bottom deep in both hives. This should provide sufficient space!

The two previously nasty hives have both accepted their new queens. I added a deep to one hive (with just foundation) which was probably a mistake as there really wasn't enough brood in the hive. We'll see what happens!

The botanical garden hive is doing well to! Bee numbers are increasing here and I added another super!

I just have the nuc at the Botanical Gardens to deal with now! I ordered a new hive for this and I hope that it will arrive in the next few days!!

No comments:

Post a Comment