Wednesday, April 25, 2012

School Visit

I'm taking my observation hive to the School on Friday! The queen isn't laying in the observation frame probably because it's been too cold lately!

I think I have realized the queen must stay in the nuc box part of the hive most of the time and should only be moved when she is to be observed!

You live and learn!

Update:

I was booked solid at the school! Word got out that I was coming and I was scheduled every 30 minutes between 9am and 3pm to talk to a class, sometimes 2 at the same time! I think I saw at least 12 classes!!!

The kids had some great questions and really got a buzz out of the observation hive! Me? I think I enjoyed almost as much!

And it seems that I was wrong about the queen not laying. She clearly had been as on Monday evening I found there was tons of brood in the nuc. So I got that wrong!


No comments:

Post a Comment